Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Outstanding Ornaments

It's another frigidly cold day and I have been in my stitching nest working on a couple cross stitch magazine models this afternoon. Before the day gets completely away from me and while Garin is in the kennel taking his afternoon nap, I thought I would share a few more needlework finishes. These ornaments were all stitched by the same fabulous stitcher - and each was a joy to finish (lucky me - this incredible needleworker gives me minimal direction and lets me be creative!). I am sharing photos of the fronts and the backs, so you can see the fabrics I chose to coordinate with these flat finishes. All of the cording is made with DMC Six-Strand Embroidery Floss and my Kreinik Custom Corder....and it is hand-stitched in place (I don't use glue on any pieces I finish - just my personal preference) - I also hand sew ribbons, trims and embellishments in place. Another large package of needlework arrived from the same stitcher yesterday and has been added to my to-do list, so I will get to start picking fabrics, colors and trims again soon!









For now, it is time to let the puppy out of the kennel (and yes, for those asking, I will post a new photo of him soon - he is oh so adorable, but oh so mischievous!). Later tonight I will be working on more needlework finishing...and if time allows, quilting a small patchwork wall hanging...my studio tables are full of projects, so there will be A LOT of creative finishes to share in the future....

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous finishes, dear friend! I love the backing fabrics and trims you selected for each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty finishes, I'm sure the stitcher will be pleased.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful finishing.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete